Assistant Professor of Psychology
My research investigates the dynamics of close relationships and is driven by a simple, but powerful assumption: people create what they experience through the goals and motives that drive their behavior. My research addresses questions such as:
* When and how do we create upward and downward spirals in our relationships with others?
* How do we contribute to our own and others’ experiences?
* What does it mean to have good relationships and how can we create them for ourselves and others?
* What are the benefits of giving to vs. receiving from others?
* What are the physiological correlates and health-related consequences of these processes?
List of all Faculty